Recipes from the 2018 Cooking Demo
Chef Lauren’s Spelt Waffles
By Lauren Marshall of Real Fake Meats
Chef Lauren’s Spelt Waffles Makes 2 waffles
- 1 1/2 cups whole spelt flour whole wheat flour is also fine
- 2 Tbsp. organic cane sugar or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- berries of choice & extra maple for love
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and allow to rise for a few minutes while your waffle iron heats up.
- Brush the waffle iron with a little oil. Put the batter in the waffle iron and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Warm up the berries of your choice with some maple syrup in a pan (optional).
- Serve warm waffles topped with vegan buttery spread (optional) and stewed berries / or you can use fresh.
Top waffles with Real Fake Chicken and extra maple syrup! ENJOY
Real Fake Meats —Plant Based Butcher shop opening late fall!